Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dawn of the Scarab!

Well readers, you may notice a different banner around here starting today...the Scarab United! After wrapping up things with DC's "The L.A.W." I found myself particularly struck by this panel...



So, just as Ted was giving up being Blue Beetle, I too am giving up being a Blue Beetle blog...at least for a little while.

What the Kaji Dha? Yup, you read that right. Way back during year one of this blog, I took a look at how many Beetle/Scarab characters I was aware of (Fab Four?) and I've been thinking about that a lot recently, probably even more so after that above panel struck a chord. I'm in my third year here, and find myself in a rut. I still love the character, but to keep that love I need a break, a little space.

Effective today, welcome to "The Scarab United!" A blog you won't find anywhere else on the web! The golden age Scarab, Marvel's Scarlet Scarab, DC's Silver Scarab, Alex Ross' "Project Superpowers" Scarab...all in one spot!

So, if you love bugs...and I know you do...stick around! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness! Enough with all the Blue Beetle nonsense! Sure there have been several ongoing series featuring this character. Whatever! What we really need is an in-depth exploration of the Silver Scarab from Infinity Inc.! Hot dog! Once you run out of Silver Scarab stories to discuss, you could bring in guest bloggers to discuss those same stories all over again!

    Can't wait!

    PS: So this is effective starting today, right? April 1st? ;)

    ReplyDelete