Saturday, July 20, 2013

Classic Blue Beetle Advertising #1

Here's a fun Charlton Comics ad featuring the Dan Garrett Blue Beetle. Of course I was also familiar with Captain Atom and Tarzan, and I knew Sarge Steel from appearances in DC comics, like the late 80's "Suicide Squad", "Vulcan" showed up in DC along with the other Charlton heroes...but I had to look up "The Fightin' 5". Apparently they were a counter-terrorism team from the Cold War era.
 
It's a cool add...though I can't help but think it could have been better if they'd used full body or action shots versus logos and heads in bubbles for half the page.

3 comments:

  1. I still have yet to find an affordable Son of Vulcan comic book. Huge hole in my Charlton collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough one!

    As a fan I always find myself wishing readable copies of a lot of books were more easily accessible. As a collector I wish I could find a lot of those same books inexpensively! Some how though neither seems to quite work out, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. well if only there were reprints of this stuff instead of the thousandth "greatest Batman stories ever told" variation!

    ReplyDelete